Usually around this time of the year I am a grumpy curmudgeon; fat and bloated from over eating, cursing the Christmas songs on the radio as I scurry about hunting for a parking spot east of BFE in order to complete my last minute Christmas shopping. And by “last minute christmas shopping”, I mean all my Christmas shopping.
Cut to the present. This year I am jolly and LOVING all the carols. Whats so different?? Two words: online shopping. Amazon, The Outnet, and Gilt have been my best friends this season. Oh shoot! I forgot Aunt Suzie’s gift!? NO PROBLEM. Amazon is STILL delivering by Christmas. And if your a “prime” member, there’s no added shipping cost! Hallelujah. Smiles all around!
With all that being said, I’ve been dancing around my house, wrapping gifts, baking cookies, and singing along like a regular old Who in Whoville.
Here are some ideas for my fellow compatriots that wait til the last minute to purchase Christmas gifts and/or stocking stuffers. These can still be delivered in time:
- Beats Headphones – I have no idea re the quality of these, but they are so gorgeous! I personally can’t stand putting things in my ears, so for years I’ve been avoiding the ear buds and using big honkers like these. I am relieved these are back in style.
- Ugg Boots – I am not saying these are back in style (were they every ACTUALLY in style?)- but they look SO comfortable! A true fashionista would never wear these out of the house, but since I’m only a fashionista in training- I hope that I receive a pair of these- FINALLY- since I’ve been wanting them since the fist time they were “in style”.
- Nars Blush in Orgasm – Though I blush to write the name of this blush, its a universal must have. It looks amazing on all skin tones. A wonderful stocking stuffer.
- Cheekies – I just LOVE these cheek and lip tints by benefit. A little goes a long way so these tiny bottles last practically forever. And they will perfectly fit in a stocking!
- Jo Malone Candle – I know a candle may seem cliche and impersonal, but these candles by Jo Malone are AMAZING. They smell SO good. My favorite is Peony and Blush Suede (of course- anything peony, right?)
- A good book – People truly underestimate the power of a great read. Often I do not like to buy my own books- not sure why, I guess I always worry I’ll pick poorly. Pictured above are a few recommended to me that look amazing.
- An oxblood colored handbag – I adore this color and am always on the lookout for the perfect bag that wears it. Here Mr. Zac Posen has taken the “new classic” pyramid shape and applied it to something a bit more affordable. I actually prefer the medium in flat leather (not pictured here), but this mini patent version is adorbs! I met Zac at the Emmy’s a few years back. Actually a really nice and unaffected guy. Impressed, I will always support his work.
And for the men in our lives??
- A cool (stylish, not temperature) jacket or vest
- Frye Boots – These are great quality boots with style. I love any man that can pull off the rugged look from time to time.
- A badger hair shaving kit -MSM LOVES his! Says its the best gift I ever bought him. Can’t go wrong with that!
- A great read! Men also love books- or magazine subscriptions….
What the heck to wear while Christmas Shopping:
Since I’ve saved so much time by online shopping, I’ve been able to go out with friends and enjoy all the holiday festivities. Free time + no parking problems + avoiding horrendous traffic = A happy Jill. I hope you have all been having fun too.
Happy Holidays everyone! Have a Merry Christmas!